DetailsThe TIG 161 AC/DC 160Amp Inverter TIG Welder features HF microstart, AC squarewave adjustment to 250hz, pulse welding, slope up/down, LED display, high 35% duty cycle and includes a remote foot pedal
- Suitable for welding all types of steels and aluminium alloys
- Professional Ultra Flex Torch - Flexible head and ultra flexible cable & sheath
- Built with class leading Siemens IGBT's - Not inferior Mosfets
- Quiet DC Fan cooling system
- 160A output at 35% duty cycle
- 240V 13A Input required - use with a 13A socket
- Microstart HF - improved arc starting and less interference ?Ensures an ultra-clean start to your welds
- 4-way trigger latching with control of post flow gas, slope up/down
- Adjustable AC squarewave frequency up to 250hz, allowing greater control of weld pool giving less heat de-formation, quicker travel speed compared to lesser featured TIG welders
- Pulse welding in AC & DC Modes - allows greater control of heat into the weld pool resulting in less heat de-formation
- Package Includes, R-Tech Tig161 AC/DC Tig Welder, R-Tech Pro Remote foot pedal, 4M WP26 Air Cooled Tig Torch, Earth Lead, MMA Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Argon Regulator, Owners Manual, Torch Consumables Kit including Tungstens
- 3 Year collect and return UK warranty ?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the Tig welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Buy with confidence - Free support by telephone or Livechat
- Order by 3PM for FREE delivery to UK, Ireland & Channel Islands
- Have a question about TIG welding? See our TIG Welding FAQs
- Tech Specs
Amperage range DC 10-160A, AC 20-160A, MMA 20-130A Duty cycle TIG 160A 35% - MMA 130A 35% Input voltage/amps 240v 13A - No load voltage 70v LED Display Shows preset & actual amperage AC Frequency 20 - 250 Hz AC Balance 30 - 70 % Pulse amperage 10 - 160A Pulse Width 10 - 90 % Pulse Frequency AC 0.5 - 25 Hz Post flow gas 0 - 50 seconds Slope up 0 - 5 seconds Slope down 0 - 5 seconds HF Start Yes 2T/4T Trigger Yes - Trigger latching MMA Arc force 0 - 100 % Gross weight 22 KG Dimensions 515 x 220W x 395 (mm) Insulation class IP21S 240V Aux output Yes - 240V output for optional water cooler Cooling fan Yes - Quiet DC Cooling fan with thermostatic protection Max Thickness 5MM Single Pass Max Thickness Steel 10MM Multiple Passes
- Generator Friendly - Generator must be minimum of 5KVA 240V and fitted with AVR (auto voltage regulation)
The R-Tech TIG161 carries the following warranty:-
- TIG161 - 3 Year Warranty
- FP7 Foot Pedal - 1 Year Warranty
- Regulator - 1 Year Warranty
- R-Tech TIG Torches - 3 Month Warranty
- Optional Water Cooler - 3 Year Warranty
R-Tech machines are designed to be robust, easy to use and highly reliable but in the unlikely event that your welder or plasma cutter requires attention, R-Tech promise to:-
- Arrange collection via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- Quickly repair the machine at our Technical and R&D centre in Gloucester
- Deliver back via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- All costs covered by R-Tech - Yes, Collection, repair and delivery!
No questions, no hassle, just honest and reliable service - A true no quibble warranty
Most of our competitors only offer return to base [RTB] warranties - you have to pay and arrange to get it back to them which can be a hassle. Many others offer warranties that have clauses and if you don't have it serviced yearly by them, at your cost, the warranty will be void.
Other benefits of owning an R-Tech machine include:-
- Free friendly and knowledgeable technical advice via phone and email
- Free machine setup help always available - We want you to get the best from your machine
- Ten year Duty-of-Care on all our machines, giving you piece of mind that spare parts will be available if needed
- Video's to show how to use and setup your R-Tech machine.
- 2 year extended warranties available at a minimal cost.
Don't just take our word for it - see our customer reviews page to see what real customers say about the R-Tech products and our service & support.
Product reviews for R-Tech TIG Welder AC/DC 160 Amp 240v (97)Powered byCalculated from 97 reviews5 out of 97 reviews :
Good looking quality looks well made only time will tell.
had a play with the tig welder to day and very happy with its performance
Everything seems fine just awaiting foot pedal to test
used for diy on car body and chassis and exhaust work recommended for diy and full time work shop use very heavy duty item will last many many years
Not used it yet.
- All you will need is gas, safety equipment and filler wire - available from us.
- Includes the R-Tech SuperFlex torch giving a comfortable welding experience, its lightweight & features a flexible head for awkward jobs and flexible cable and sheath.
- High quality 2-Gauge gas regulator with 1.5m gas hose, Heavy duty earth lead and MMA lead
- Torch consumables kit 3 x Ceramics, 5,6,7 size, 1.6mm & 2.4mm collets, collet bodies & tungsten's in red & white tip for welding steel and aluminium