DetailsThe TIG 161 AC/DC 160Amp Inverter TIG Welder features HF microstart, AC squarewave adjustment to 250hz, pulse welding, slope up/down, LED display, high 35% duty cycle and includes a remote foot pedal
- Suitable for welding all types of steels and aluminium alloys
- Professional Ultra Flex Torch - Flexible head and ultra flexible cable & sheath
- Built with class leading Siemens IGBT's - Not inferior Mosfets
- Quiet DC Fan cooling system
- 160A output at 35% duty cycle
- 240V 13A Input required - use with a 13A socket
- Microstart HF - improved arc starting and less interference ?Ensures an ultra-clean start to your welds
- 4-way trigger latching with control of post flow gas, slope up/down
- Adjustable AC squarewave frequency up to 250hz, allowing greater control of weld pool giving less heat de-formation, quicker travel speed compared to lesser featured TIG welders
- Pulse welding in AC & DC Modes - allows greater control of heat into the weld pool resulting in less heat de-formation
- Package Includes, R-Tech Tig161 AC/DC Tig Welder, R-Tech Pro Remote foot pedal, 4M WP26 Air Cooled Tig Torch, Earth Lead, MMA Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Argon Regulator, Owners Manual, Torch Consumables Kit including Tungstens
- 3 Year collect and return UK warranty ?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the Tig welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Buy with confidence - Free support by telephone or Livechat
- Order by 3PM for FREE delivery to UK, Ireland & Channel Islands
- Have a question about TIG welding? See our TIG Welding FAQs
- Tech Specs
Amperage range DC 10-160A, AC 20-160A, MMA 20-130A Duty cycle TIG 160A 35% - MMA 130A 35% Input voltage/amps 240v 13A - No load voltage 70v LED Display Shows preset & actual amperage AC Frequency 20 - 250 Hz AC Balance 30 - 70 % Pulse amperage 10 - 160A Pulse Width 10 - 90 % Pulse Frequency AC 0.5 - 25 Hz Post flow gas 0 - 25 seconds Slope up 0 - 5 seconds Slope down 0 - 5 seconds HF Start Yes 2T/4T Trigger Yes - Trigger latching MMA Arc force 0 - 100 % Gross weight 22 KG Dimensions 515 x 220W x 395 (mm) Insulation class IP21S 240V Aux output Yes - 240V output for optional water cooler Cooling fan Yes - Quiet DC Cooling fan with thermostatic protection Max Thickness 5MM Single Pass Max Thickness Steel 10MM Multiple Passes
- Generator Friendly - Generator must be minimum of 5KVA 240V and fitted with AVR (auto voltage regulation)
The R-Tech TIG161 carries the following warranty:-
- TIG161 - 3 Year Warranty
- FP7 Foot Pedal - 1 Year Warranty
- Regulator - 1 Year Warranty
- R-Tech TIG Torches - 3 Month Warranty
- Optional Water Cooler - 3 Year Warranty
R-Tech machines are designed to be robust, easy to use and highly reliable but in the unlikely event that your welder or plasma cutter requires attention, R-Tech promise to:-
- Arrange collection via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- Quickly repair the machine at our Technical and R&D centre in Gloucester
- Deliver back via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- All costs covered by R-Tech - Yes, Collection, repair and delivery!
No questions, no hassle, just honest and reliable service - A true no quibble warranty
Most of our competitors only offer return to base [RTB] warranties - you have to pay and arrange to get it back to them which can be a hassle. Many others offer warranties that have clauses and if you don't have it serviced yearly by them, at your cost, the warranty will be void.
Other benefits of owning an R-Tech machine include:-
- Free friendly and knowledgeable technical advice via phone and email
- Free machine setup help always available - We want you to get the best from your machine
- Ten year Duty-of-Care on all our machines, giving you piece of mind that spare parts will be available if needed
- Video's to show how to use and setup your R-Tech machine.
- 2 year extended warranties available at a minimal cost.
Don't just take our word for it - see our customer reviews page to see what real customers say about the R-Tech products and our service & support.
Product reviews for R-Tech TIG Welder AC/DC 160 Amp 240v (131)Powered byCalculated from 131 reviews5 out of 131 reviews :
Fabrication in stainless steel and aluminium
Not had too much time to use my machine yet but the little I have done has been a good experience. The booklet is very good, concise and easy to follow to get you set up, it's just my skill which is the let down. I feel like I've got a lot for my money in one package with no hassle, just add gas and away we go. I would recommend this product and company to anyone from hobbyist to professional. As a hobbyist I couldn't fault the product, the service from the staff was exceptional with no hint of condescension for my lack of knowledge, just help and a good laugh. My whole experience has made me want to go back to these guys to buy all of my welding kit since I know they will give me practical, unbiased advice, as indeed they did with this purchase and having received the kit I know now that the quality of it and the advice offered is as described on their website, excellent.
See previous comment.
The quality of this set seems good. Welded stainless so far, yet to try ally. The knobs do exactly what they say, the hf start and slope out are really tight and effective. The machine has a nice "feel" to it, in my welding career I've been spoiled with top notch *** sets and specialist gasses, this is not a million miles away from those sets. If I can, I'll check back with my aluminium results.
This is excellent piece of kit to good for a humble hobbyist like me !
- All you will need is gas, safety equipment and filler wire - available from us.
- Includes the R-Tech SuperFlex torch giving a comfortable welding experience, its lightweight & features a flexible head for awkward jobs and flexible cable and sheath.
- High quality 2-Gauge gas regulator with 1.5m gas hose, Heavy duty earth lead and MMA lead
- Torch consumables kit 3 x Ceramics, 5,6,7 size, 1.6mm & 2.4mm collets, collet bodies & tungsten's in red & white tip for welding steel and aluminium