DetailsThe TIG 161 AC/DC 160Amp Inverter TIG Welder features HF microstart, AC squarewave adjustment to 250hz, pulse welding, slope up/down, LED display, high 35% duty cycle and includes a remote foot pedal
- Suitable for welding all types of steels and aluminium alloys
- Professional Ultra Flex Torch - Flexible head and ultra flexible cable & sheath
- Built with class leading Siemens IGBT's - Not inferior Mosfets
- Quiet DC Fan cooling system
- 160A output at 35% duty cycle
- 240V 13A Input required - use with a 13A socket
- Microstart HF - improved arc starting and less interference ?Ensures an ultra-clean start to your welds
- 4-way trigger latching with control of post flow gas, slope up/down
- Adjustable AC squarewave frequency up to 250hz, allowing greater control of weld pool giving less heat de-formation, quicker travel speed compared to lesser featured TIG welders
- Pulse welding in AC & DC Modes - allows greater control of heat into the weld pool resulting in less heat de-formation
- Package Includes, R-Tech Tig161 AC/DC Tig Welder, R-Tech Pro Remote foot pedal, 4M WP26 Air Cooled Tig Torch, Earth Lead, MMA Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Argon Regulator, Owners Manual, Torch Consumables Kit including Tungstens
- 3 Year collect and return UK warranty ?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the Tig welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Buy with confidence - Free support by telephone or Livechat
- Order by 3PM for FREE delivery to UK, Ireland & Channel Islands
- Have a question about TIG welding? See our TIG Welding FAQs
- Tech Specs
Amperage range DC 10-160A, AC 20-160A, MMA 20-130A Duty cycle TIG 160A 35% - MMA 130A 35% Input voltage/amps 240v 13A - No load voltage 70v LED Display Shows preset & actual amperage AC Frequency 20 - 250 Hz AC Balance 30 - 70 % Pulse amperage 10 - 160A Pulse Width 10 - 90 % Pulse Frequency AC 0.5 - 25 Hz Post flow gas 0 - 50 seconds Slope up 0 - 5 seconds Slope down 0 - 5 seconds HF Start Yes 2T/4T Trigger Yes - Trigger latching MMA Arc force 0 - 100 % Gross weight 22 KG Dimensions 515 x 220W x 395 (mm) Insulation class IP21S 240V Aux output Yes - 240V output for optional water cooler Cooling fan Yes - Quiet DC Cooling fan with thermostatic protection Max Thickness 5MM Single Pass Max Thickness Steel 10MM Multiple Passes
- Generator Friendly - Generator must be minimum of 5KVA 240V and fitted with AVR (auto voltage regulation)
Product reviews for R-Tech TIG Welder AC/DC 160 Amp 240v (73)Powered byCalculated from 73 reviews5 out of 73 reviews :
We are retired and in our 80's and both my wife and I will use the Tig welder on a yacht restoration project. The unit appears to be well designed and robust.
Excellent quality equipment
It looks like good quality, seems to have all the features I would need, not used it yet so can't comment on how good it is to weld with
ideal for multiple uses good for a basic or skilled welder easy to use and move around appears good quality with a long gaurantee
Only use welder for light and hobby jobs, so far. Unit is easy to use and is well built. I would recommend this product.
- All you will need is gas, safety equipment and filler wire - available from us.
- Includes the R-Tech SuperFlex torch giving a comfortable welding experience, its lightweight & features a flexible head for awkward jobs and flexible cable and sheath.
- High quality 2-Gauge gas regulator with 1.5m gas hose, Heavy duty earth lead and MMA lead
- Torch consumables kit 3 x Ceramics, 5,6,7 size, 1.6mm & 2.4mm collets, collet bodies & tungsten's in red & white tip for welding steel and aluminium