DetailsThe R-Tech True Colour HD XXL auto darkening welding helmet features the latest technology auto-darkening lens for use by the precision TIG welder, discerning MIG welder and professional fabricator.
- NEW True Colour HD Lens with more realistic colours - closer to what the naked eye sees
- Auto darkening welding mask
- Improved view of weld puddle - Less eye strain - Improved productivity
- Massive 100 x 80mm viewing area for greater visibility of the weld zone
- Digital screen for easy adjustments of shade, delay and sensitivity
- Darkens in under 1/25,000th second, thats 0.08ms!
- Ultra-Lightweight and comfortable at just 0.51 kg
- Less than 5A minimum current sensitivity - for use in precision TIG applications
- Internal shade adjustments of 5-8 and 9-13
- Grinding mode - Fixed shade 5
- 4 x Light detection sensors for reliability in all applications including outside corners
- Powered by a solar cell and 2 x Li battery (replaceable) for fast switching and low-amp sensitivity
- 6000hr battery life (estimated)
- Low battery Indicator, 12 Months Warranty
- Optical quality is 184.108.40.206 UV/IR Protection Class: DIN15
- Includes spare inner and outer lens
- Tech Specs
Viewing Area 100 x 80 mm Cartridge Size 115 x 136 x 10 mm Switching Time (s) 1/25,000 (Second) 0.08ms Light Shade DIN 4 Dark Shade DIN 5-8 & 9-13 Sensitivity Control 1-10 level Dark to Light Delay 0.1-1 Second (1-10 level) Automatic Power Off Yes: 10-15 minutes after power on but no Arc present Manual Power Off Yes Sensors 4 Lowest Welding Current Less than 5 Ampere Cutting Mode Yes Grinding Mode Yes Low Battery Indicator Yes UV/IR Protection Level > DIN 15 Operating Temperature 14 F-131F/-10º C - +55º C Storage Temperature -4F-158F/-20º C - + 70º C Helmet Material PA Total Weight 510 g (1lb 2 oz.) True Colour Yes Optical Quality 220.127.116.11 Standards ANSI/CE Free spare lenses Yes Warranty 12 Months R-Tech Warranty
Product reviews for R-Tech Auto True Colour HD XXL Welding Helmet (111)Powered byCalculated from 111 reviews5 out of 111 reviews :
As an occasional welder, this was an upgrade, its light, good head strap adjustment and nice large screen. Adjustments are easy. Serious *** down as it needs to be switched on rather than automatic on/off. More than once had the first spark contact to unprotected eyes before realising it had switched itself off. I've yet to sit and check the actual switch off time or how to keep it active apart from welding time. Need to change my user habit but to an ** its a serious negative. A better description would have made we aware of this limitation before buying. A positive might be to state the delay time/inactive time before switch off. For this simple but critical issue, I wouldn't recommend.
Used for MIG welding, would recommend to anyone. Quality is excellent.
only used for mig so far Only thing that's annoyed me so far is the auto off seems to short so you pick the helmet up and start welding to find its turned itself off.
Fantastic Bit Of Kit.
Very good mask