DetailsThe MIG180 MIG Welder is a 180 Amp Portable Inverter MIG Welder with a 240v single phase input and a durable metal feed assy. With optional MMA (Stick welding) and Spool on Gun for welding aluminium this is a great addition to your workshop.
- Built with class leading Siemens IGBT's - Not inferior Mosfets
- Metal wire feed assy - Provides consistent wire feed
- Infinite fine control of welding voltage/amperage - What is this?Enables you to finely control the welding power in very small steps - traditional old fashioned MIG welders only had coarse voltage settings I.E Setting 1 = too little power, 2 = too much power
- Provides very smooth low splatter welds on all steels and aluminium due to its inverter technology
- 180 Amp Output, welding range 25-180 amps
- High duty cycle - 60% @ 150 amps, 35% @ 180 amps
- 16A 240v input required for welding at 180amps , 160 amp MIG output at 13A input
- Euro style MIG torch - What is this?Euro torches can be easily removed and replaced - they give a more consistent wire feed than permanently fitted torches as found on many DIY machines
- 3 year collect and return UK warranty - What is this?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the Mig welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Complete package includes, R-Tech I-MIG180 MIG Welder, 3M MB15 Air Cooled MIG Torch, Earth Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Gas Regulator, Owners Manual
- Suitable plug required - see related products below
- Easy welding of aluminium with optional spool on gun. Note Pure Argon gas is required for welding aluminium - See the MIG Welder Spool Gun Videos
- Have a question about MIG welding? See our MIG Welding FAQs
- Tech Specs
Amperage Range MIG 25 - 180A Input voltage/amps 240v 16A Duty cycle 180A @35% - 150A @60% Amperange range MMA 20 - 160A Wire reel size 5KG Wire diameter 0.6mm , 0.8mm Roller size fitted 0.6mm , 0.8mm Net weight 14KG Dimensions 330 x 210 x 410 mm (H x W x D) Euro style torch Yes - Easy fitment of torch LED Display Yes - Shows acutal welding amps Gasless wire Yes - Easy reversal of polarity for gasless wire Max Thickness Steel 6MM Single Pass Max Thickness Steel 15MM Multiple Passes
- Package Includes, R-Tech I-MIG180 MIG Welder, 3M MB15 Air Cooled MIG Torch, Earth Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Gas Regulator, Owners Manual
- 3 year collect and return UK warranty - What is this?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the MIG welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Generator Friendly - Generator must be minimum of 6KVA 240V and fitted with AVR (auto voltage regulation)
- Want to weld aluminium - View our Spool on gun for aluminium MIG welding
The R-Tech MIG180 carries the following warranty:-
- MIG180 - 3 Year Warranty
- Regulator - 1 Year Warranty
- R-Tech MIG Torches - 3 Month Warranty
- Earth Lead - 3 Month Warranty
- Optional Spool Gun - 1 Year Warranty
R-Tech machines are designed to be robust, easy to use and highly reliable but in the unlikely event that your welder or plasma cutter requires attention, R-Tech promise to:-
- Arrange collection via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- Quickly repair the machine at our Technical and R&D centre in Gloucester
- Deliver back via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- All costs covered by R-Tech - Yes, Collection, repair and delivery!
No questions, no hassle, just honest and reliable service - A true no quibble warranty
Most of our competitors only offer return to base [RTB] warranties - you have to pay and arrange to get it back to them which can be a hassle. Many others offer warranties that have clauses and if you don't have it serviced yearly by them, at your cost, the warranty will be void.
Other benefits of owning an R-Tech machine include:-
- Free friendly and knowledgeable technical advice via phone and email
- Free machine setup help always available - We want you to get the best from your machine
- Ten year Duty-of-Care on all our machines, giving you piece of mind that spare parts will be available if needed
- Video's to show how to use and setup your R-Tech machine.
- 2 year extended warranties available at a minimal cost.
Don't just take our word for it - see our customer reviews page to see what real customers say about the R-Tech products and our service & support.
Product reviews for R-Tech 180 Amp Portable Inverter Mig Welder (240v) (697)Powered byCalculated from 697 reviews5 out of 697 reviews :
This is my first mig welder so I dont have anything to compare it to but I am happy with it.
Welder is being used on a car restoration and is ideal for the task but would be equally well suited to any light welding task. I would reccomend to any one who is looking for a mid range machine that can produce consistant weld quality . The quality of the welder is consistant with the price charged i.e. there are machines out there that are smoother to use but you will have to pay the extra for them. The only issue I have had is the wire feed slipping sometimes but this is almost certainly down to me not having enough roller pressure on which I am gradually increasing so as not to flatten the wire. A 2 roller feed would be nice but obviously that would affect the price. On the whole a good mid range machine that I have not regretted purchasing..
Mainly heavy hobby use, I would recommend this welder to anyone thinking of spending up to 450 quid.....go on and bite the bullet, spend another few quid and be in welding heaven. (Is there such a place)? Quality cannot be faulted, and for me the only possible improvement would be to offer an option to have the mains power switch on the front face.
Ideal for big and small jobs Easy to use and set up Very good quailty well made
Brilliant piece of kit, would definitely recommend.