DetailsThe MIG180 MIG Welder is a 180 Amp Portable Inverter MIG Welder with a 240v single phase input and a durable metal feed assy. With optional MMA (Stick welding) and Spool on Gun for welding aluminium this is a great addition to your workshop.
- Built with class leading Siemens IGBT's - Not inferior Mosfets
- Metal wire feed assy - Provides consistent wire feed
- Infinite fine control of welding voltage/amperage - What is this?Enables you to finely control the welding power in very small steps - traditional old fashioned MIG welders only had coarse voltage settings I.E Setting 1 = too little power, 2 = too much power
- Provides very smooth low splatter welds on all steels and aluminium due to its inverter technology
- 180 Amp Output, welding range 25-180 amps
- High duty cycle - 60% @ 150 amps, 35% @ 180 amps
- 16A 240v input required for welding at 180amps , 160 amp MIG output at 13A input
- Euro style MIG torch - What is this?Euro torches can be easily removed and replaced - they give a more consistent wire feed than permanently fitted torches as found on many DIY machines
- Suitable for gasless, flux cored wire
- 3 year collect and return UK warranty - What is this?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the Mig welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Complete package includes, R-Tech I-MIG180 MIG Welder, 3M MB15 Air Cooled MIG Torch, Earth Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Gas Regulator, Owners Manual
- Suitable plug required - see related products below
- Easy welding of aluminium with optional spool on gun. Note Pure Argon gas is required for welding aluminium - See the MIG Welder Spool Gun Videos
- Have a question about MIG welding? See our MIG Welding FAQs
- Tech Specs
Amperage Range MIG 25 - 180A Input voltage/amps 240v 16A Duty cycle 180A @35% - 150A @60% Amperange range MMA 20 - 160A Wire reel size 5KG Wire diameter 0.6mm , 0.8mm Roller size fitted 0.6mm , 0.8mm Net weight 14KG Dimensions 330 x 210 x 410 mm (H x W x D) Euro style torch Yes - Easy fitment of torch LED Display Yes - Shows acutal welding amps Gasless wire Yes - Easy reversal of polarity for gasless wire Max Thickness Steel 6MM Single Pass Max Thickness Steel 15MM Multiple Passes
- Package Includes, R-Tech I-MIG180 MIG Welder, 3M MB15 Air Cooled MIG Torch, Earth Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Gas Regulator, Owners Manual
- 3 year collect and return UK warranty - What is this?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the MIG welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Generator Friendly - Generator must be minimum of 6KVA 240V and fitted with AVR (auto voltage regulation)
- Want to weld aluminium - View our Spool on gun for aluminium MIG welding
The R-Tech MIG180 carries the following warranty:-
- MIG180 - 3 Year Warranty
- Regulator - 1 Year Warranty
- R-Tech MIG Torches - 3 Month Warranty
- Earth Lead - 3 Month Warranty
- Optional Spool Gun - 1 Year Warranty
R-Tech machines are designed to be robust, easy to use and highly reliable but in the unlikely event that your welder or plasma cutter requires attention, R-Tech promise to:-
- Arrange collection via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- Quickly repair the machine at our Technical and R&D centre in Gloucester
- Deliver back via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- All costs covered by R-Tech - Yes, Collection, repair and delivery!
No questions, no hassle, just honest and reliable service - A true no quibble warranty
Most of our competitors only offer return to base [RTB] warranties - you have to pay and arrange to get it back to them which can be a hassle. Many others offer warranties that have clauses and if you don't have it serviced yearly by them, at your cost, the warranty will be void.
Other benefits of owning an R-Tech machine include:-
- Free friendly and knowledgeable technical advice via phone and email
- Free machine setup help always available - We want you to get the best from your machine
- Ten year Duty-of-Care on all our machines, giving you piece of mind that spare parts will be available if needed
- Video's to show how to use and setup your R-Tech machine.
- 2 year extended warranties available at a minimal cost.
Don't just take our word for it - see our customer reviews page to see what real customers say about the R-Tech products and our service & support.
Product reviews for R-Tech 180 Amp Portable Inverter Mig Welder (240v) (875)Powered byCalculated from 875 reviews5 out of 875 reviews :
It's a very well made welder, more than enough for what we use it for
I use the welder on projects at home, but I would recommend this for any workshop as it's a great quality product.
Absolutely love the 180 welder. Good quality welder . Worlds apart from the *** welders I’ve used over the years.
Unfortunately I cannot review this new mig welder as I have not opened it yet. I do not foresee any issues
Very good quality, I am a first time welder and this seem really good. The manual is really helpful with some suggested setting to start with. Good, sturdy and nice looking, as well as well made