DetailsThe MIG180 MIG Welder is a 180 Amp Portable Inverter MIG Welder with a 240v single phase input and a durable metal feed assy. With optional MMA (Stick welding) and Spool on Gun for welding aluminium this is a great addition to your workshop.
- Built with class leading Siemens IGBT's - Not inferior Mosfets
- Metal wire feed assy - Provides consistent wire feed
- Infinite fine control of welding voltage/amperage - What is this?Enables you to finely control the welding power in very small steps - traditional old fashioned MIG welders only had coarse voltage settings I.E Setting 1 = too little power, 2 = too much power
- Provides very smooth low splatter welds on all steels and aluminium due to its inverter technology
- 180 Amp Output, welding range 25-180 amps
- High duty cycle - 60% @ 150 amps, 35% @ 180 amps
- 16A 240v input required for welding at 180amps , 160 amp MIG output at 13A input
- Euro style MIG torch - What is this?Euro torches can be easily removed and replaced - they give a more consistent wire feed than permanently fitted torches as found on many DIY machines
- 3 year collect and return UK warranty - What is this?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the Mig welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Complete package includes, R-Tech I-MIG180 MIG Welder, 3M MB15 Air Cooled MIG Torch, Earth Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Gas Regulator, Owners Manual
- Suitable plug required - see related products below
- Easy welding of aluminium with optional spool on gun. Note Pure Argon gas is required for welding aluminium - See the MIG Welder Spool Gun Videos
- Have a question about MIG welding? See our MIG Welding FAQs
- Tech Specs
Amperage Range MIG 25 - 180A Input voltage/amps 240v 16A Duty cycle 180A @35% - 150A @60% Amperange range MMA 20 - 160A Wire reel size 5KG Wire diameter 0.6mm , 0.8mm Roller size fitted 0.6mm , 0.8mm Net weight 14KG Dimensions 330 x 210 x 410 mm (H x W x D) Euro style torch Yes - Easy fitment of torch LED Display Yes - Shows acutal welding amps Gasless wire Yes - Easy reversal of polarity for gasless wire Max Thickness Steel 6MM Single Pass Max Thickness Steel 15MM Multiple Passes
- Package Includes, R-Tech I-MIG180 MIG Welder, 3M MB15 Air Cooled MIG Torch, Earth Lead, Gas Hose, Mains Cable, Gas Regulator, Owners Manual
- 3 year collect and return UK warranty - What is this?in the unlikely event of machine failure, R-Tech will pay to collect, repair and return the MIG welder to you quickly- No quibble warranty
- Generator Friendly - Generator must be minimum of 6KVA 240V and fitted with AVR (auto voltage regulation)
- Want to weld aluminium - View our Spool on gun for aluminium MIG welding
The R-Tech MIG180 carries the following warranty:-
- MIG180 - 3 Year Warranty
- Regulator - 1 Year Warranty
- R-Tech MIG Torches - 3 Month Warranty
- Earth Lead - 3 Month Warranty
- Optional Spool Gun - 1 Year Warranty
R-Tech machines are designed to be robust, easy to use and highly reliable but in the unlikely event that your welder or plasma cutter requires attention, R-Tech promise to:-
- Arrange collection via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- Quickly repair the machine at our Technical and R&D centre in Gloucester
- Deliver back via next working day UK courier [48hr offshore]
- All costs covered by R-Tech - Yes, Collection, repair and delivery!
No questions, no hassle, just honest and reliable service - A true no quibble warranty
Most of our competitors only offer return to base [RTB] warranties - you have to pay and arrange to get it back to them which can be a hassle. Many others offer warranties that have clauses and if you don't have it serviced yearly by them, at your cost, the warranty will be void.
Other benefits of owning an R-Tech machine include:-
- Free friendly and knowledgeable technical advice via phone and email
- Free machine setup help always available - We want you to get the best from your machine
- Ten year Duty-of-Care on all our machines, giving you piece of mind that spare parts will be available if needed
- Video's to show how to use and setup your R-Tech machine.
- 2 year extended warranties available at a minimal cost.
Don't just take our word for it - see our customer reviews page to see what real customers say about the R-Tech products and our service & support.
Product reviews for R-Tech 180 Amp Portable Inverter Mig Welder (240v) (589)Powered byCalculated from 589 reviews5 out of 589 reviews :
Occasional light to medium use, wanted something to upgrade from my training wheels for a number of reasons, old welder had only high and low settings, this caused many issues when trying to obtain good wire that worked well, there was only one out of the 8 types that i tested worked really well with my sealy 100, upgrading to this welder and using an old spool that i had bought before worked flawlessly using the R-Tech recommended settings, i feel that this welder is the last one that i will ever need, its excellent quality and its parts pack is evenly matched, i cant recommend this welder enough to whom ever is looking for a plug and play welder that's second to none.
great customer service over the phone, very knowledgeable. Quick delivery, well packaged. Highly recommended!
Will let you know when hen I’ve used it
Not used it yet
I use mine for cars *** escapes gates fences. With it having the digital amp setting it’s so easy to use just plug and play I never used anything like this. I won’t ever go back to the push button type again. I’m yet to use the stick welder. I’m very confident it will maze me like the mig side of it as. It’s also so light even with 5 kilo of welding in it. The quality of the machine it also excellent. The warranty also speaks for its self. If your not sure honestly give these guys a call I’ll they will help you in your choice or answer any of your questions. I’m not one for writing a review but felt these guys and there product deserves it.