DetailsSpeedglas 9100V Welding Helmet from 3M is a high quality mask suitable for Tig, Mig and Arc Welders and features many benefits, designed for the discerning welder and features many filter options: A grinding shade 3. Gas welding shade 5.The comfort of the Speedglas 9100V Auto darkening welding mask is the result of extensive research and development processes. It is possibly the most comfortable and protective welding helmet ever. For welders who keep their shield in the down position for prolonged periods of time, the build-up of carbon dioxide (CO2) behind the shield is greatly reduced compared to traditional shield designs The Speedglas 9100V Welding Helmet is made from a lightweight, but durable material that meets the mechanical strength requirements of EN 175 level.
- Tech Specs
Speedglas 9100V Welding Helmet Features
- Heat reflecting silver front.
- Increased coverage for lower neck from heat and welding sparks.
- Increased coverage for ear and side of neck
- Side Windows: Exclusive, patented shade 5 filters that widen your field of vision.
- Side Windows enable you to be more aware of nearby moving machinery, tools and other peripheral hazards.
- Welders can also use removable cover plates for when peripheral vision would be distracting.
- Switching time, light-dark 0,1 ms (+23°C)
- Speedglas 9100V Welding Helmet Filter Specifications
- Dark state - Shade 5, 8, 9-13 (variable)
- Light state - Shade 3
- UV / IR protection - Shade 13 (permanent)
- Switching time, light-dark - 0.1ms
- Delay (switching time dark-light) - user adjustable 40-1300ms
- Auto on - No
- Viewing area - 45-93mm
- No. of sensors - 3
- Battery lifetime - 2800 hours
- Solar cell - Yes
- Weight - 510g
- 1 Year Warranty
Product reviews for (3M) Hornell Speedglas 9100V S9-13 (2)Powered byCalculated from 2 reviews2 out of 2 reviews :
I'm an occasional welder so it's not something I'm doing on a daily basis. I have two other auto shade welding masks that I thought we're good quality until I tried my my mates 3m speedglas. Wow, I couldn't believe the difference as I could see every detail so clearly like someone had turned on the HD switch. The quality is very good, it's lightweight and has all the adjustment you need for comfort and mine has the side windows which allows extra light in but they can be covered with provided inserts if desired. As I've said, I'm no pro and I would never have bought this mask had I not tried it first and seen the difference. Its probably way over budget for the average hobbyists and for myself but in this case you really do get what you pay for. I'm pretty sure if there was a try before you buy scheme with this product nearly everyone would be welding with a speedglas mask.
Pricey but excellent quality.