- How to Weld & Cut Videos
- Tig Welding
- MIG Welding Guide
- Mig Welding FAQs
- MIG welding tips and tricks
- MIG Welding advice by expert Mike Gadsby
- MIG Welding Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is MIG Welding Used For?
- What is MIG Welding – MIG Welding Process
- The best LEV and RPE welding fume extractors
- What’s the difference between MIG and TIG welding?
- Aluminium Welding (MIG and TIG)
- Welding Cast Iron
- Welding Stainless Steel
- Plasma Cutting
- Arc Welding
- Customer Video Reviews
- General support FAQs
- Warranty FAQs
- Owners Manuals Download
Back to Support Index
What are benefits of AC Frequency Control on your AC-DC Tig Welders?
AC Frequency Control is only found on advanced Inverter Tig Welders, on traditional tig welders the frequency is fixed at 60Hz
On our AC/DC Tig Welders you can adjust this up to 250Hz, this reduces the width of arc from the tungsten tip producing pinpoint accuracy of weld pool, less heat deformation and faster travel speed.
If you have never tig welded before, being able to adjust the AC Frequency makes welding easier for the beginner.