- How to Weld & Cut Videos
- Tig Welding
- MIG Welding Guide
- Mig Welding FAQs
- MIG welding tips and tricks
- MIG Welding advice by expert Mike Gadsby
- MIG Welding Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is MIG Welding Used For?
- What is MIG Welding – MIG Welding Process
- The best LEV and RPE welding fume extractors
- What’s the difference between MIG and TIG welding?
- Aluminium Welding (MIG and TIG)
- Welding Cast Iron
- Welding Stainless Steel
- Plasma Cutting
- Arc Welding
- Customer Video Reviews
- General support FAQs
- Warranty FAQs
- Owners Manuals Download
Back to Support Index
How do I assemble my TIG torch?
Arranging the component parts of your TIG torch is straightforward. The diagram below will show the correct order of assembly to enable the torch to be set up correctly.
The torch consists of a number of elements. The tungsten electrode needs to be secured in the torch. This is inserted into the main body and secured by a screw type back cap.
At the front of the torch a small white heat shiled fits over the front of the torch body. Over the tungsten a collet must be fitted followed by a collet body that screws into the main body of the torch. The final part to be assembled is the ceramic which also screws into the body of the torch head.