- How to Weld & Cut Videos
- Tig Welding
- MIG Welding Guide
- Mig Welding FAQs
- MIG welding tips and tricks
- MIG Welding advice by expert Mike Gadsby
- MIG Welding Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is MIG Welding Used For?
- What is MIG Welding – MIG Welding Process
- The best LEV and RPE welding fume extractors
- What’s the difference between MIG and TIG welding?
- Aluminium Welding (MIG and TIG)
- Welding Cast Iron
- Welding Stainless Steel
- Plasma Cutting
- Arc Welding
- Customer Video Reviews
- General support FAQs
- Warranty FAQs
- Owners Manuals Download
Back to Support Index
I need to TIG weld aluminium but I need some help
Aluminium and its alloys conduct heat more quickly than steels and therefore have different properties when TIG welding. We have a page dedicated to the characteristics of aluminium and you can read more by visiting the Aluminium Welding Information page.
You will need an AC/DC TIG welder to weld aluminium as this process uses the AC function (DC is for welding steels only). In addition you will also need a white tipped tungsten (Zirconiated) for the end of the torch and a suitable aluminium TIG filler rod.