- How to Weld & Cut Videos
- Tig Welding
- MIG Welding Guide
- Mig Welding FAQs
- MIG welding tips and tricks
- MIG Welding advice by expert Mike Gadsby
- MIG Welding Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is MIG Welding Used For?
- What is MIG Welding – MIG Welding Process
- The best LEV and RPE welding fume extractors
- What’s the difference between MIG and TIG welding?
- Aluminium Welding (MIG and TIG)
- Welding Cast Iron
- Welding Stainless Steel
- Plasma Cutting
- Arc Welding
- Customer Video Reviews
- General support FAQs
- Warranty FAQs
- Owners Manuals Download
Back to Support Index
What is the benefit of a 4-roll geared wire feed system?
We fit a 4-Roll geared wire feed drive assy to the following Mig Welders
R-Tech I-Mig200 Mig Welder
R-Tech C-Mig315 Mig Welder
R-Tech I-Mig450 Mig Welder
The benefit of a 4-roll system over a 2-roll system is you achieve a much smoother and reliable feed of the mig wire. 4-Roll systems are more industrial and most manufacturers only fit to thier top end models, at R-tech we use them wherever possible.
We also use heavy duty wire feed motors which offer greater reliability and long life when compared to the smaller feed motors our competitors use.
The feed drive plate which houses the motor and rollers is made from metal which also add's to the durability and reliabilty compared to the plastic feed assy's you see on a lot of mig welders today.